The Android Lollipop has been rolled out to the Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T) and Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925T) which is a moment of joy for the S6 users. However, the Lollipop update has raised issues with few of the popular rooting techniques but luckily there are some new methods to root the device. This post will be a tutorial on how to install TWRP recovery and root T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge on Android 5.1.1.
How To Install TWRP And Root T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge
- Download TWRP recovery, kernel and Odin3 to your computer then extract the both using any extracting tool.
- Double click Odin3 v3.10.6.exe.
- Click AP button to load the downloaded “G925T_UniKernel-TWRP.tar.md5″ file.
- Enable OEM unlocking, Developer option > OEM unlocking.
- Turn off your phone then put it into download/odin mode.
- Plugin your phone to PC via the original USB cable.
- If you have USB driver installed on your computer you will see Added!! in Log box and the ID:COM box will turn blue. If not please reinstall Samsung USB driver.
- Click the Start button and wait few seconds.
- Once finished your device will reboot and Odin3 will display PASS!.
Once booted you will find SuperSU application installed on your device if not download and install it from Google play store, check the root status by installed Root Checker App.