This app works great adds significant life to your battery. Juicedefender is a popular app that conserves battery life by disabling the most draining components, specifically 3G/4G connectivity, when your phone is idle. You can get the free lite version, but I’d invest in the Ultimate version which lets you customize when to disable a signal; for example, if you’re listening to Pandora you wouldn’t want it to go offline simply because your phone went idle.
JuiceDefender also provides a detailed activity log so you can see which systems are running, which are shut down, and an estimate of how much power you’re saving.
– 5 Preset Profiles (from default mode to full customization)
– Easy and Intuitive User Interface
– Home screen Battery Widgets
– Mobile Data toggle automation
– 2G/3G toggle automation**
– WiFi toggle automation + Auto-Disabling option
– Location-aware WiFi Control (e.g. enable WiFi only at home/work, disable it otherwise)
– Battery Consumption Optimization (e.g. when screen off, battery under threshold, etc.)
– Comprehensive Connectivity Scheduling (regular schedule, night time/peak time, week days/weekends)
– Connectivity Control for Specific Apps with Interactive Training mode
– CPU scaling when phone is idle**
– Smart Brightness control
– Bluetooth control with Automatic Reconnect
– Full Activity Log
– It’s FREE!