Verizon LG G3 gets another minor update from the manufacturer in the form of VS98512B firmware upgrade which brings the Android 4.4.4 KitKat to the G3 users. The good thing is you can still retain root permissions after taking OTA update to 12B, thanks to avicohh of XDA for taking some time and providing the root procedure on the new firmware.
Prerequisites to root LG G3 VS985
- LG One-click Root script: Download Here
- There’s a few things you need. The first is the LG Verizon USB Drivers which you can pick up from here.
- Now make sure the USB Debugging Mode is enabled. You need to go to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging for that.
- Sometimes the Developer Options menu is hidden. Navigate to Settings > About Device > tap the build number seven times to fix that.
- You automatically void any warranty that’s still going by following the guide. You can get that back again by following one of the ways to unroot the VS985 smartphone.
How to root LG G3 VS985: