So you’ve just bagged yourself a gleaming new BLU Advance 4.0 and you already want to root around in Android’s murky depths? Right out of the box, there are a plethora of interesting and useful customization features for the BLU Advance 4.0. Since you’re still here, I’m sure you know that I’m talking about rooting. You’ll be happy to hear there are two methods available to get this process done.
Rooting your Android phone is a must thing to do if you want to take full advantage of it. Thanks to the open source nature of Android, you can do plenty of things with your phone without even having to root it.
You can install tons of launchers, third-party keyboards, live wallpapers and themes which can be easily downloaded from the Play Store. As you can see, there are many things you can do with a non rooted Android phone.
Method 1: Root the BLU Advance 4.0 using KingRoot
- Download KingRoot and install it (open a file explorer, navigate your download and tap on it; you can also directly open the apk from browser download section to install it). If you see a warning box then you require to check Unknown sources under Settings –> Security.
- Once done, you should see the KingRoot icon in your App Drawer. Tap on the app icon to open it.
- Once the app is lunched, it will try to analyze your device to find suitable root process and soon you will see the following screen.
- Tap on ‘TRY TO ROOT’ or ‘START ROOT’ button that shown at the bottom of the screen.
- It will then start rooting your device. Sometime your phone may automatically restart during this process.
- Once completed you will see a big green tick that means your device is now rooted.
Method 2: Root the BLU Advance 4.0 using FramaRoot
- Download and install Framaroot Application on your Device. Once installation is completed you will be able to see the Framaroot Icon in your Menu.
- Once Framaroot Application is launched you will be able to see below the following screen and Tap on the Boromir Option.
- After selecting the option that supports your device, you’ll get a Success message in the Exploit result popup. That’s it! Your device is successfully rooted. Make sure that you reboot your device after getting the Success message.