TrekBuddy is a freeware GPS navigation and tracking application for Java J2ME mobile devices.
- vlkGPS – GPS Navigation For Java Phones
VlkGPS is GPS tracker for Java enabled mobile phone, which is suitable for applications such as geo-caching, geo-tagging, or simply for storing and retrieving targets.
- GpsMid – vector based map application for cellphone
GpsMid is a Java J2ME mobile application with use OpenStreetMap Data. it’s free, fully offline, vector based map application for your cellphone. It displays your current position on a zoomable map and can be used to search for and navigate …
- Wizi SMS with Location for Mobile Phone
Wizi SMS with Location is a tiny application that lets you share a location by text message so you can show your friends where you are at the moment or where youâ€™re going to be soon. It sends a tiny …
- GPS tracking and simple touristic navigation
- arrange maps as atlas for increasing and decreasing resolution
- tracklogging in NMEA or GPX format
- simple navigation (to a single waypoint or along a route)
- compas screen (HPS)
- cockpit screen (CMS)
- location sharing via SMS with other trekbuddies
bitmap maps (without zoom, you can store bitmap maps with different resolution instead)
The minimum requirements are
- CLDC 1.1, MIDP 2.0
- have internal GPS and support Location API (JSR-179), or
- have bluetooth and support Bluetooth API (JSR-82), or
- have serial/USB/IrDa port and support CommConnection
In order to use custom maps, it is very important that the phone supports FileConnection API (JSR-75/FileConnection). Although a map can be embedded in the application jar, there often is a size limit imposed by many devices.