If your Honor 10 has such a problem e.g slowing down and generates error messages, You can use the reset option straight from inside the Android operating system. So no need to panic, because you can use the reset option through both your smartphone settings and the recovery mode.
The Honor 10 comes with a 5.84inch IPS LCD display which outputs a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. It is driven by Octa-Core Huawei processors seated upon HiSilicon KIRIN 970 chipset (64-bit architecture). It is aided by 6GB of RAM and ARM Mali G72MP12 graphics card. The phone runs on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system.
Acting as an energy booster, there is a 3400 mAh Li-ion battery with quick charging enabled. The user can hang around with the device for long hours, be it high-end gaming or heavy multitasking. In order to save files, the device has an internal space of 64GB and there is also a memory card slot present which can read any microSD card up to 128.
A reset is suggested before gifting or selling a device, and in some cases for troubleshooting. You can either do a factory reset or a hard reset.
The first can be done simply by accessing the Honor 10 settings. Sometimes that’s just not possible. If the device isn’t working or for some reason you can’t access the settings, you can go ahead and perform a hard reset using the hardware buttons.
Hard reset Honor 10 from Recovery
- Turn off your Honor 10 and wait a few seconds.
- Push “Volume Up” and “Power” button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when Huawei eRecovery Mode shows up.
- Choose “Wipe data/Factory reset“.
- You need to confirm your action once more by choosing “Wipe data“
- Finally, choose “Reboot system“.
Factory reset Honor 10 via Settings
- In the Home screen tap “Settings“.
- In the Settings screen, tap “System“.
- In the System screen, tap “Reset“.
- In the Reset screen, tap “Factory data reset“.
- At the bottom of the screen tap the “RESET PHONE” option.
- If prompted, enter your device PIN/password/pattern. Touch “NEXT“.
- Finally tap “RESET PHONE“.
- After your Honor 10 reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your phone.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Honor 10
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Honor 10 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Honor 10.
The Honor 10 comes in the flagship range and is loaded with a lot of quality features. The storage is quite good so that you can keep an ample amount of applications, videos, songs, etc in the smartphone. The processor is strong enough to handle a number of functions.
However, no matter how great the smartphone is, potential problems are always on. When your phone is having a rough time, it’s usually better to reset.