If you think your Honor Play 7 is not working as it should, or you’re getting worrying error messages, it might be time to reset your Honor Play 7 to its factory settings. Today, we’re here to tell you how you can factory and hard reset Honor Play 7.
Honor Play 7 flaunts a 5.45 Inch IPS LCD display that comes with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels along with an aspect ratio of 18:9. It helps to enhance the quality and style of the display while the pixel density of 295 PPI offers a sharp vision.
The smartphone offers very good performance with the help of a quad-core processor that runs at a clock speed of up to 1.3 GHz. It is assisted by the PowerVR GE8100 GPU graphics and 2GB RAM for a smooth user experience. The overall configuration is set on the MT6739 chipset, which handles the performance efficiently.
Even though the Honor Play 7 uses the latest Android OS, over time, you can come across a lot of problems. You may have issues with starting up or shutting down, excessive memory usage, application running performance, battery draining quickly, among many other issues, and when any of this happens, resetting to factory settings will come in handy.
Factory reset Honor Play 7
- Go to Menu and choose Setting.
- Tap System.
- Move again and tap Reset.
- After that, choose Factory data reset.
- Confirm it by tap the RESET PHONE button.
- When it’s done, the Honor Play 7 will reboot.
Reset Screen Lock Honor Play 7
- Log into https://www.google.com/android/find with your Google Account ID and password.
- Select the Honor Play 7 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase Device button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Honor Play 7.
Hard reset Honor Play 7
- Ensure that the Honor Play 7 is powered off.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume UP and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Huawei eRecovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the eRecovery screen, select Wipe data/Factory reset.
- Touch Wipe data to confirm the whole operation.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, tap Reboot system.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your Honor Play 7 as a new device.
Honor Play 7 is a decent smartphone in an entry-level budget. It’s loaded with a bunch of Huawei’s useful apps, which add to the Android experience. The device also provides decent performance due to the presence of a great processor. The battery backup is also excellent for daily use.
This is a common problem, so if you were able to unlock your phone thanks to the guide or there is a method that we haven’t covered let us know in the comments below.