There are a variety of reasons why you may need to factory reset your Galaxy A6 Plus (2018). You installed too many apps and just need to start clean. You may also be selling your phone or fixing some other problem. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Samsung A6 Plus (2018).
The Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) comes with a meagre 64GB of internal storage but up to 256GB expansion is definitely a welcome addition. This device is powered by the mid-range Snapdragon 450 with Octa-Core processor achieving up to 1.8 GHz of clock speed, that in combination with the Adreno 506 GPU and 3GB of RAM deliver a reasonably smooth performance for daily usage and tasks.
The Samsung A6 Plus (2018) features a pretty decent 6 inches FHD+ display with 1080 x 2220 pixels resolution and 411 pixel density, the display coupled with the modern 18:9 aspect ratio.
If you own a Galaxy A6 Plus (2018), then you have probably discovered that it has all kinds of features that are fun and useful for work and play. Sometimes phones run into issues, which are hardware or software related. The more serious of these problems may require help for you to fix, but some minor software problems can be fixed by resetting your device. In the following article, we will discuss when it is appropriate to reset your Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus (2018), and how you can go about doing so.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung A6 Plus (2018)
If you’re trying to reset your Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
You’ll need to be signed into your Samsung and Google account on your phone, and must have either a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
Reset Lock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Open https://www.google.com/android/find and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select “Erase Device” to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung A6 Plus (2018) from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung A6 Plus (2018) from Recovery
❶ Turn off your Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) and wait a few seconds. If your phone is locked and you’re unable to turn it off, you can wait until the battery runs down and attempt the reset of these steps after charging it back up.
❷ Press the “Power” and “Volume Up” button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
❸ Once the Samsung A6 Plus (2018) logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
❹ On the displayed screen, use “Volume Down” button to go to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
❺ Once the option is highlighted, press the “Power” button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
❻ On the next screen, press the “Volume Down” button multiple times till the “Yes” option is highlighted.
❻ Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus (2018), which will also clear the dalvik cache.
Factory reset Samsung A6 Plus (2018) via Settings
- Open the ‘Settingsʼ app.
- Tap ˊGeneral managementˋ and then tap Reset.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Reset”.
- Tap ˊNextˋ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ˊDelete Allˋ.
- The Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) will reset and reboot.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the ˊSettingsˋ icon.
- Touch “General management”.
- Tap ˊResetˋ.
- Tap ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Tap ˊRESETˋ.
- Tap ‘DELETE ALLʼ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) and prepare it for use.
The final word
The Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) is one of the lowest smartphones to feature facial recognition. It packs in a tight configuration for great performance. The battery backup and the cameras are great.
These are several of the most common Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) problems and troubleshooting tips we have come across. Have you encountered any other problems with this phone? Save even more money by getting free advice. See you in the next article about how to frp unlock Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus (2018).