Reset Samsung S10 5G – Restoring a phone back to its factory settings is a great way to tackle speed and performance issues that have built up on the system over time. If you find your Samsung Galaxy S10 5G is working slower than expected, it may be time to consider a factory reset. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung S10 5G.
The Samsung S10 5G comes with an Octa-Core processor having a clock speed of 2.84 GHz and is seated upon the Snapdragon 855 chipset. It is assisted by the Adreno 640 GPU and a 8GB RAM that keep the smooth operation.
The Samsung S10 5G features a 6.7 inches Dynamic Amoled display having a screen resolution of 1440 x 3040 pixels and a density of 502 ppi.
You’ll definitely need to clean your Samsung S10 5G before selling or passing it to someone. If you have issues with an unresponsive screen or apps misbehaving, this might also be a way out. However, there are some other troubleshooting methods to try, too.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S10 5G
If you’re trying to reset your Galaxy S10 5G because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
You’ll need your Google or Samsung Account credentials and the phone will need to be turned on and connected to the internet.
Reset Lock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Samsung S10 5G from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Galaxy S10 5G from the menu on the left.
- Select the “Erase Device” option from below the device information.
- Choose the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung S10 5G from Recovery
- Turn off your Galaxy S10 5G and wait a few seconds.
- If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone.
- Hold down the Power key for a few seconds and tap restart two times.
- Wait until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up push Volume Up and Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when Recovery Mode shows up.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset. Use Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm.
- Select Yes from the menu. Press the Power key.
- If Recovery Mode appears, choose reboot system now by using the Power button.
Factory reset Samsung S10 5G from Settings
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the ˊSettingsˋ icon.
- Press ‘General managementʼ.
- Press ‘Resetʼ.
- Press ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Press “RESET”.
- Press “DELETE ALL”. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung S10 5G and prepare it for use.
- Head into your ˊSettingsˋ and scroll down the page to ‘General managementʼ.
- Tap on “Reset”.
- Press “Factory data reset”.
- Scroll down the page and select “Reset”.
- This is the final step, so be sure that you want to go through with it. If you are, then tap ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- The Galaxy S10 5G will automatically reset and reboot.
The Samsung S10 5G gives you the luxury of having a quality smartphone with power-packed features. Its powerful processor and long-time battery backup give users a seamless performance experience. With the provided budget, it is one of the best handsets that consumers can have.
Fortunately, there aren’t many Samsung Galaxy S10 5G specific problems. Some of the problems that the smartphone has are more than troublesome, but fortunately can be fixed at most in a few minutes. Every problem has a solution, no matter how complex. See you in the next article about how to screenshot in Samsung Galaxy S10 5G.