If you are facing issues such as abrupt reboots, frequent freezing and performance deterioration over time, you can reset Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to declutter your phone from useless files and apps.
The Galaxy S7 Edge 4GB ram flaunts a 5.5-inch Super Amoled display having a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels that provide amazing viewing experience. It is enhanced by the pixel density of 534 ppi that can increase the sharpness of the content. It has the aspect ratio of 16:9 and a Corning Gorilla Glass protect the display from scratches and marks.
For the performance, it features an Octa-Core processor that runs at a clock speed of 2.3 GHz and sits upon the Exynos 8 Octa 8890 2.3 chip. It renders great performance together. Further, there is an ARM Mali-T880 Mp12 GPU and a 4GB RAM that provides smooth multitasking and gaming experience.
If your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge isn’t working the way it should, it might be time to consider factory resetting. Resetting and wiping a device can clear out problems that cause it to hang, appear sluggish or otherwise impair performance.
Hard reset Samsung S7 Edge
- Ensure that the Galaxy S7 Edge is powered off.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Samsung logo.
- Then you will see the Android system recovery menu.
- Scroll to wipe data / factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- Scroll to Yes by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- The phone will now wipe all contents.
Factory reset Samsung S7 Edge via Settings
If the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge starts normally, use the steps in this section to reset your device to its original factory state. Please follow the instructions below.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap “General management” and then tap Reset.
- Tap “Factory data reset”.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap ‘Nextʼ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ˊDelete Allˋ.
- The Galaxy S7 Edge will automatically reset and reboot.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the “Settings” icon.
- Touch ‘General managementʼ.
- Press ‘Resetʼ.
- Touch ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Press “RESET”.
- Tap ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Galaxy S7 Edge and prepare it for use.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S7 Edge
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you can try hard resetting the Galaxy S7 Edge. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
You’ll need your Google or Samsung Account credentials and the phone will need to be turned on and connected to the internet.
Unlock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Visit https://www.google.com/android/find and then log in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Galaxy S7 Edge from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select “Erase Device” to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Galaxy S7 Edge is a bold presence in the price segment, from the vibrant display which makes consuming HD content on it a delight. The remarkable cameras take rich pictures with much detail and appreciable color reproduction. The power-packed configuration underneath aids the experience tremendously by delivering a smooth user experience through most apps and games.
Do tell us your opinions in the comments below. Look forward to other articles such as how to frp unlock Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, make sure to bookmark Java-Phones.com!