A factory reset can help resolve issues with your Vivo S5 if it’s crashing or freezing, running slowly or suffering from problems you can’t identify. In this article, you will find a step by step guide to reset Vivo S5.
The Vivo S5 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz Octa-Core processor that acts as the brain of the system. It is further aided by a 8GB RAM that takes care of the multitasking. The combination is situated on a Snapdragon 712 chipset. A Adreno 616 GPU takes care of the graphical tasks of the system.
The Vivo S5 bears a 6.44 inches with a bezel-less design that provides an impressive viewing experience. It has an aspect ratio of 20:9 that provides an excellent view. It has a waterdrop notch on the top of the display. It has a great pixel density of 411 PPI, which makes the images and texts bright.
Vivo users really like their Vivo S5, if a Vivo user has a problem, usually just restart it. However, if it’s still not normal after you force a restart, then you are forced to do a factory reset.
Hard reset Vivo S5 via Recovery
- Shut down your Vivo S5 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the “Volume UP” and “Power” keys simultaneously until Vivo logo appears to enter Fastboot mode.
- Then in the Fastboot Mode select the “Recovery Mode“.
- After that, select the “Wipe Data” menu.
- Continue by selecting the option “Wipe data“.
- After that you confirm by tapping the “OK” button.
- If the Wipe process is complete “Wiped Successfully” tap the “OK” button.
- You can select the option “Reboot system“.
- Later the Vivo S5 will restart by itself and wait for the restart to finish in a few minutes.
Factory reset Vivo S5
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose More settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data.
- Checklist Format phone storage.
- Tap Clear Now.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Vivo S5 will automatically reset and reboot.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Vivo S5
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Vivo S5 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Vivo S5.
Vivo S5 is a mid-range performance oriented device. The excellent battery backup and good storage capacity make the smartphone a perfect buy for consumers. The great pair of cameras are can capture mesmerizing images and good quality videos.
If you run into a serious problem, especially one involving hardware, the best solution is probably to contact the manufacturer or retailer support for your phone. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to talk to us in the comments. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to lock apps in Vivo S5 which will be coming soon.