Factory resets are the best solution for many Android issues. If your Vivo Y17 is much slower than before, you have a persistent malware infection or are planning to sell your phone, reset is the most convenient solution. Today, we’re here to tell you how you can factory and hard reset Vivo Y17.
The Vivo Y17 comes with a huge IPS LCD display of 6.35inch. It has a HD+ display resolution of 720 x 1544 pixels having a sharp pixel density of 268 PPI that will give great pleasure to the eyes while watching videos and playing games. Following the latest trend, it has been provided with the aspect ratio of 19.5:9 which will make it look stylish.
The smartphone comes with Octa-Core (4×Cortex A53 2.3GHz+4×Cortex A53 1.8GHz) processor, set upon the Helio P35 MT6765, together they will render great performance. It has been provided with the PowerVR GE8320 GPU that will take care of the graphical functions. For the multitasking performance, it is provided with the massive 4GB RAM which is enough to keep it lag-free, hence high-end gaming will be fun too.
How to Reset Vivo Y17 to solve all kinds of problems
You have bought the Vivo Y17 but then you may experience some slowdowns in performance from the smartphone. It might even stop working completely. If this happens, it’s time to consider resetting the device. However, you first need to learn how to reset the Vivo Y17.
Hard Reset via Recovery
The reset option in recovery is useful for troubleshooting bootlop problems. For users who don’t know how to enter and wipe data via Vivo Recovery Mode, please follow the process below.
- Ensure that the Vivo Y17 is powered off.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume UP and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Vivo Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- Select Recovery mode by pressing Volume down button and enter it by pressing Power button.
- From the Vivo Recovery screen, select Wipe data.
- Touch Wipe data and then confirm by clicking OK.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, tap Reboot system.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your Vivo Y17 as a new device.
Factory Reset via Settings
You can do reset via the settings menu to solve virus problems, memory storage is full, often hangs and lags.
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap More settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data.
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Format Phone Storage.
- Next tap Clear Now.
- Your Vivo Y17 will restart and begin the factory data reset.
Reset Screen Lock
This method is specifically for users who forget the pattern lock. You can reset via the Google Find My Device service. If your Y17 is still connected to a Google account and the internet be it wifi or cellular, you can try this method.
- Log into https://www.google.com/android/find with your Google Account ID and password.
- Select the Vivo Y17 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase Device button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Vivo Y17.
Now that you have known two ways on how to factory reset Vivo Y17. Hopefully, whatever problems you had before the reset will be resolved and you will have a new, stable smartphone to work with.
The Vivo Y17 is a mid-range phone equipped with a great design and an impressive performance. It consists of two outstanding cameras which can click crystal-clear images. The processor is decent and the capacity of RAM is considerably less. The budget-friendly device supports VoLTE connectivity that means you can browse the internet at a lightning fast speed.
Fortunately, there aren’t many Vivo Y17 specific problems. Some of the problems that the device has are more than troublesome, but fortunately can be fixed at most in a few minutes. Every problem has a solution, no matter how complex. See you in the next article about how to flash Vivo Y17.