MGMaps version 1.31.00 Java Application By Cristian Streng
Mobile GMaps is a FREE application that displays Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, Windows Live Local (MSN Virtual Earth) and Ask.com Maps and satellite imagery on Java J2ME-enabled mobile phones, PDAs and other devices. MGMaps can connect to a GPS receiver over bluetooth or use internal GPS features on some phones in order to automatically display the map for your current position.
New in this version:
- Mobile GMaps now supports a closer integration with Navizon. You can use these products together on Symbian and Windows-Mobile phones to see your position on the map without a GPS device. More information on how to install both applications can be found in a previous news post.
- The GPS options were reorganized and the GPS position and heading can now be shown full-screen. To access the new GPS menu, select 6 in the main menu. You can also press 6 when the menu is not open to switch between the regular map screen and the GPS info screen.
- The current heading (if available) can be shown as an arrow in the center of the screen while viewing the map.
- A bug was fixed in the View KML service.
- Other minor bugs and improvements.