Nuance TALKS converts the displayed text on the mobile handset into highly intelligible speech. With Nuance TALKS, blind and low-vision users can take advantage of most features, including contact directories, caller ID, text messages, help files, access to the Nokia web browser, and other screen content, available on their mobile phones. Plus, Nuance TALKS Premium Edition provides a user dictionary the ability to label icons with a corresponding text equivalent, as well as the new Object Viewer, to improve access to built-in as well as 3rd-party applications.
- Unprecedented Feature/Function Accessibility
- Audio feedback when writing or reading text messages, emails, and notes
- Automatic or manual Caller ID announcement
- Network, battery, and other status indicators read out
- Spelling speed setting
Allows the user to define different speech rates for normal read-out and spelling text.
- Various options for reading numbers
Numbers longer than four digits can now be read as single digits, double digits, or whole numbers.
- Echo mode
An independent setting allows the user to turn on a special key echo mode for those who like to use the T9 dictionary when entering text.
- Echo Passwords mode
Allows the user to hear the letters entered into a password field.
- TALKS Key Timeout and TALKS Mode Timeout
Allows the user to set a timeout for cases where the TALKS key is pressed accidentally, and allow to repeat a command or even execute different commands without Pressing the TALKS key again.
- Hear caller ID information
Adds speech output to the original user interface of the cell phone.
- Software only
No additional hardware is needed.
- Voice Familiarity for Increased User Comfort
Nuance TALKS leverages ETI-Eloquence TTS software— used in popular desktop screen readers—making many users feel instantly familiar with the voice they hear for speech output.
- Control over volume and speaking rate
- Supports many third-party applications
Supports IM+ (Instant Messenger) [S60], the Wayfinder GPS application [S60], and the Slovoed dictionary [S60 and S80].
Nuance TALKS V 3.10
running the Symbian Series 60 or Series 80 operating system.