In this tutorial you will find detailed instructions on how you can reset Oppo A77 to its original configuration by using factory and hard reset feature.
The Oppo A77 sports a 5.5inch FHD display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels resulting in an impressive pixel density of 401 PPI. The Oppo A77 is equipped with 13MP autofocus primary camera with LED flash and CMOS image sensor. It comes with an 16MP front camera which is a treat for the selfie lovers.
This device gets all its strength from a 1.5 GHz Octa-Core processor which is seated on a Mediatek6750T chipset and paired with 4GB of RAM for great multitasking and an ARM Mali-T860MP2 GPU for a good gaming experience. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow works as the OS on this smartphone.
3 Methods to Reset Oppo A77
If your smartphone is malfunctioning and slow then factory reset can help you solve the issue. The process of resetting the Oppo A77 is a lot different than other phones. There are 3 new resetting methods in this post — factory, hard and remote reset. Let’s find out the best way to reset your Oppo A77.
What Should You Do Before Resetting Your Oppo A77?
- Make sure that your Oppo A77 is charged at least 50% so that your phone doesn’t run out of power during the resetting process.
- Ensure any personal data is backed up. As all your phone’s data will be deleted, backing up your entire smartphone is the smart thing to do.
- Once the hard reset is done, the device will ask to enter the Google account and password that was previously linked with the device. Therefore, you must know the google email and the password.
- If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your device will not be able to read the data on the card.
Reset Screen Lock Oppo A77
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Oppo A77 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Oppo A77.
Factory reset Oppo A77
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap Additional settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data (factory data reset).
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Erase Data.
- Your Oppo A77 will restart and begin the factory data reset.
Hard reset Oppo A77 via Recovery
- Shut down your Oppo A77 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Then in the TWRP menu select the language English.
- After that, select the Wipe Data menu.
- Continue by selecting the option Wipe data (Keep SMS, Contacts and Photos).
- After that you confirm by tapping the OK button.
- If the Wipe process is complete Wiped Successfully tap the OK button.
- You can select the option Reboot.
- Later the Oppo A77 will restart by itself and wait for the restart to finish in a few minutes.
The Oppo A77 is a smart choice for those who love extreme photography. The great pair of cameras are can capture mesmerizing images and good quality videos. The device performs well while running heavy games and applications simultaneously, thanks to the presence of an excellent configuration.
If you have any problems that aren’t mentioned here, or just need OPPO help in general, please leave a comment below, and we’ll help you as best as we can.