If you don’t think your Samsung Galaxy Fold is running as well as it should be, or you’re getting worrying error messages, it might be time to reset your Galaxy Fold to its factory settings. Here’s how to factory reset your Galaxy Fold.
The Galaxy Fold features a 4.58inch Dynamic Amoled with 840 x 1960 pixels screen resolution and a density of 466 ppi, which provides an enticing visual.
The phone is based on a Snapdragon 855 chipset and powered Octa-Core processors with a clock speed of 2.84 GHz. The processor is accompanied by a massive 12GB RAM which helps in multitasking. To handle the graphics, there is an Adreno 640 GPU. The handset runs Android 9.0 out of the box.
Even though the Samsung Galaxy Fold uses the latest Android OS, over time, you can encounter a lot of problems. You may have issues with starting up or shutting down, excessive memory usage, performance running apps, battery draining quickly, among many other issues, and when any of this happens, resetting to factory settings will come in handy.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung Fold
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung Galaxy Fold because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
You’ll need your Google or Samsung Account credentials and the phone will need to be turned on and connected to the internet.
Unlock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/find and then log in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy Fold from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy Fold from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung Fold
If your Samsung smartphone becomes unresponsive or doesnʼt perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state.
- Shut down your Samsung Fold completely by pressing the Power button.
- If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone.
- Hold down the Power key for a few seconds and tap restart two times.
- Wait until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up push Volume Up and Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when Recovery Mode shows up.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset. Use Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm.
- Select Yes from the menu. Press the Power key.
- If Recovery Mode appears, choose reboot system now by using the Power button.
Factory reset Samsung Fold
The quickest and easiest way to reset the Samsung Galaxy Fold is through the settings menu on the device. To factory reset using settings, follow below steps.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Touch the ˊSettingsˋ icon.
- Press “General management”.
- Tap ˊResetˋ.
- Press ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Touch ‘RESETʼ.
- Touch ‘DELETE ALLʼ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung Fold and prepare it for use.
- Head into your ˊSettingsˋ and scroll down the page to ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Tap on ‘Resetʼ.
- Press “Factory data reset”.
- Scroll down the page and select “Reset”.
- This is the final step, so be sure that you want to go through with it. If you are, then tap ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- The Samsung Galaxy Fold will automatically reset and reboot.
The final word
The Samsung Galaxy Fold is a decent device that has a mid-range price tag. The gaming experience is great, thanks to the clear sharp display and the great graphics processor. Moreover, the presence of a big battery means you can always enjoy it to the fullest without worrying much about charging it very often.
Despite the Samsung Galaxy Fold problems, it’s still a great device that’s an easy purchase if you have the option and opportunity. Every common issue that the smartphone has is easy to fix, even if some of the fixes take time. If your Samsung Galaxy Fold has had any of these problems, hopefully, your phone is now performing exactly as it’s intended.