Factory resets are the best solution for many Android issues. If your Samsung J1 (2016) is far slower than it once was, you have a malware infection that won’t go away or plan to sell your phone, a factory reset is the most convenient solution. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Galaxy J1 (2016).
The device comes featured with a 4.5-inch Super Amoled display along with a screen resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The screen renders a pixel density of 207 PPI. The screen is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass which helps to avoid you from any kind of scratch or minor collusion. It has an aspect ratio of 5:3.
The Samsung J1 (2016) runs with the help of an Android 5.0 Lollipop chipset. Coming to its performance, the device is armed with Quad-Core processors which have 1.3 GHz and 1.3 GHz clock speed. The powerful processor is complimented with a 1GB RAM and an ARM Mali-T720MP1 GPU. This strong combination is set up on an Exynos 3 Quad 3475 chipset.
Due to a bug in the system, some applications might cause glitches and sometimes they get crashed. To fix this problem you need to factory reset your Galaxy J1 (2016) and it will automatically fix all the glitches that are present in your phone. It’s very simple and easy to do in a few steps. Regardless of the device model, it can work the same in all the Samsung phones.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J1 (2016)
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung J1 (2016) because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
You’ll need to be signed into your Samsung and Google account on your phone, and must have either a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
Unlock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Visit https://www.google.com/android/find and then sign in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen with Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung J1 (2016) from the menu on the left.
- Choose the “Erase Device” option from below the device information.
- Choose the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung J1 (2016) via Settings
One way to reset that is often used is factory reset via the settings menu. This option has been provided by SAMSUNG to make it easier for users to delete data, viruses, cache and files. As it will wipe up everything so the storage issues will also be resolved.
- Go to the Home screen and choose “Apps”.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Then tap Backup and reset.
- Choose ‘RESET DEVICEʼ.
- Then hit the Erase everything button.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Samsung J1 (2016) will automatically reset and reboot.
Hard reset Samsung J1 (2016)
If your Galaxy J1 is stuck on the Samsung logo, you can do a hard reset via recovery mode. In addition, this reset method can remove the pattern lock.
- Ensure that the Galaxy J1 (2016) is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press and hold the Power key until the device vibrates, then release it. Keep pressing the Volume Up and Home keys the entire time.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Wipe data/factory reset, then use the Power key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Yes, then use the Power key to select it.
The Samsung J1 (2016) comes with an affordable price-tag and can provide great performance. It’s a combination of great hardware and specs provide seamless experience. The internal storage could have been better but considering the budget, it is a good option to go for.
This is a common problem, so if you were able to unlock your phone thanks to the guide or there is a method that we haven’t covered let us know in the comments below.