If your Galaxy J5 is running slowly or you’re encountering bugs and crashes on a regular basis, an easy solution is to simply reset your phone to its defaults, removing all your apps, files and everything else that could be causing a problem.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 is powered by a Quad-Core processor setup ARM Cortex A53 seated on Snapdragon 410 MSM8916v2 along with a 1.5GB RAM. The graphics are powered by Adreno 306. It runs on the latest version of Android operating system Android 5.0 Lollipop.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 has a stunning Super Amoled bezel-less display with a notch over the 5 Inch screen. The smartphone has got an amazing resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels with a density of 294 ppi. The Samsung J5 is provided with 2600 mAh Li-ion battery, which gives a decent battery backup to the users to perform all the tasks.
You can factory reset your Galaxy J5 to its factory settings if your device is having serious malfunctions or you’re getting rid of it. While often a factory reset will resolve any issues you experience with your Samsung J5, such as slow response or screen freezing, serious technical issues may require you to hard reset in the hope of restoring its ability to operate properly.
Hard reset Samsung J5
Step 1 – Turn off your Samsung J5 and wait a few seconds. If your phone is locked and you can’t turn it off, remove the battery and place it back after a few seconds.
Step 2 – Press the Volume Up, Home and the Power button together till the phone displays the start-up logo.
Step 3 – Once the Samsung Galaxy J5 logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the phone enters the Android system recovery mode.
Step 4 – On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the Wipe data/factory reset option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
Step 5 – Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
Step 6 – On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes — delete all user data option is highlighted.
Step 7 – Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung J5, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
Factory reset Samsung J5 from Settings
- Go to the Home screen and choose “Apps”.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Scroll down and touch Backup and reset.
- Choose “RESET DEVICE”.
- Touch Erase everything to confirm.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Samsung Galaxy J5 will automatically reset and reboot.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J5
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, you can try hard resetting the Samsung Galaxy J5. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Galaxy J5 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy J5 from the menu on the left.
- Choose the “Erase Device” option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The final word
The Galaxy J5 is a goodlooking device that can handle tasks quite well. Go for it if you are looking for a smartphone which is both beauty and the beast ate the same time.
If you have any problems that aren’t mentioned here, or just need SAMSUNG help in general, please leave a comment below, and we’ll help you as best as we can.