If the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 system gets corrupted or having serious apps issues, users need to factory reset the system. Eventually, all systems start to lag and exhibit performance issues, which can be fixed only after a factory reset. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Galaxy Mega 2.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 is equipped with a Snapdragon 410 MSM8916v2 chipset and a quad-core processor that clocks up to 1.4 GHz speed. It delivers admirable performance together while the Adreno 306 GPU deals with games and multitasking of the device. There is a 2GB RAM that can provide excellent gaming and multitasking flow.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 comes with a waterdrop style notch display having a bezel-less finish on the sides. The screen stands 5.9inch and carries a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels along with an aspect ratio of 16:9. It has an IPS TFT display type which offers a sharpness of 249 ppi density.
The resetting option is available on all Android devices and it has been a lifesaver for many users. From minor software glitches to big bugs, resetting can fix nearly all problems. That being said, if your phone has a hardware problem, resetting won’t be able to fix it.
Hard reset Samsung Mega 2 via Recovery
Hard reset will yield the same results as factory reset did, just by a different process. Plus, hard reset involves using the Android System Recovery menu, which always makes me feel like a hacker or developer for a few sweet seconds.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Home,Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time on your Galaxy Mega 2.
- Release the Power button when the Phone vibrates. Continue to hold the Volume + Home buttons until the Android logo appears.
- In recovery use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and the Power key to select.
- From recovery, after selecting wipe data factory reset on the hard reset process, choose wipe cache partition.
- Select reboot system now.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung Mega 2
If you forgot your Samsung Mega 2 lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you can easily to bypass lock screen remotely by Find My Mobile / Device service on PC.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Go to Find My Device and then log in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Samsung Mega 2 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Mega 2 from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung Mega 2
- Tap ˊAppsˋ on the Home screen.
- In the Apps screen tap ‘Settingsʼ.
- In the Settings screen, tap ˊBack Up and Resetˋ.
- In the Backup and Reset screen, tap ˊFactory Data Resetˋ.
- In the Factory Data Reset screen, tap ˊReset Deviceˋ.
- Tap ˊDelete Allˋ.
- After your device resets, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
The Samsung Mega 2 is an excellent device that keeps up with the benchmark set by the Finnish company with its previous models. It probably has all the feature in store. Right from the processing front to the storage capacity, it has all the bases covered. Also, it has an excellent pair of cameras which perform well in terms of photography and vidoegraphy.
If you have any more questions about the solutions or the problems, feel free to talk to us in the comments below, I am sure we will prepare a solution for your problem. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to frp unlock Samsung Galaxy Mega 2, we will publish it soon.