If your Samsung Note 9 is running slowly or you’re encountering bugs and crashes on a regular basis, an easy solution is to simply reset your smartphone to its defaults, removing all your apps, files and everything else that could be causing a problem.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has been equipped with an Octa-Core processor that runs at a speed of 2.7 GHz. It is seated upon the Exynos 9 9810 chipset. Further, there is an ARM Mali-G72MP18 GPU and 6GB RAM, that handles gaming and multitasking of the device with ease. For power backup, there is a Li-Polymer battery having 4000 mAh capacity.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 comes with a 6.4 Inch Super Amoled display that has a bezel-less design with a waterdrop notch on top. It has a screen resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels and a pixel density of 514 PPI. The aspect ratio of 18:9 adds style to the screen.
Every smartphone always comes with a factory setting where the utility has a big effect. However, not everyone is able to do it because this way is seldom to use. In this article, we will give you some options on how to factory reset and how to hard reset Galaxy Note 9.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung Note 9
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung Note 9 because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Go to Find My Device and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen with Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Note 9 from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung Note 9 from Settings
If you only need to wipe all installed applications, cache, junk file and data, then you should follow these steps. It is very simple and easy to do within a few steps.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap ˊGeneral managementˋ and then tap Reset.
- Tap “Factory data reset”.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Reset”.
- Tap ˊNextˋ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ‘Delete Allʼ.
- The Galaxy Note 9 will automatically reset and reboot.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the “Settings” icon.
- Touch “General management”.
- Press ˊResetˋ.
- Tap ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Press ˊRESETˋ.
- Press ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Galaxy Note 9 and prepare it for use.
Hard reset Samsung Note 9 from Recovery
Hard reset will yield the same results as factory reset did, just by a different process. Plus, hard reset involves using the Android System Recovery menu, which always makes me feel like a hacker or developer for a few sweet seconds.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 9 and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” keys.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Yes“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 impresses with its beautiful and elegant design as well as with its good features at an excellent price. The camera at both rear and front sides are also up to the mark. A larger expandable memory and a bigger battery would have made it the perfect device to pursue in a moderate budget. It sets mid-range smartphones, but is still a great device from Samsung.
I hope that this article will help you in solving any of the problems you might be facing with the smartphone. For other tips and tricks such as how to bypass google account on Samsung Galaxy Note 9.