If your Galaxy S6 Active isn’t working as well as it should be, it might be time to restore the smartphone to its factory settings. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung S6 Active.
The Samsung S6 Active sports a large 5.1-inch Super Amoled display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution of 576 pixel density. On the camera department, it has 16MP Single rear cameras which deliver good pictures. The front shooter is an 5MP lens which can impress the selfie lovers with its flattering pictures.
The Galaxy S6 Active stocks a sizable 3500 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery that will not even last more than a day with casual usage. This device is powered by a Exynos 7 Octa 7420 chipset where an Octa-Core processor is seated having a clock speed of 2.1 GHz. An ARM Mali-T760MP8 GPU answers all the graphical needs of the system. It also comes with a 3GB ram.
The only reason you ever want to reset your Samsung Galaxy S6 Active is if your phone is experiencing malfunctions such as freezes, not responding properly, insufficient storage, or forgot lock screen buttons. Performing a reset on your phone will return it to the original factory state it was in when you first got the phone. Below are the steps to manually reset your phone or perform the reset by using buttons on the phone itself.
Before You Start
- Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%.
Factory reset Samsung S6 Active via Settings
- Go into the ˊSettingsˋ.
- Tap “Backup and reset”.
- Tap on “Factory data reset”.
- Tap on ‘Reset Deviceʼ.
- Enter in your lock screen credentials and then tap on ‘Continueʼ.
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on “Erase Everything”.
- Your device will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S6 Active
If you forgot your Samsung Galaxy S6 Active lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you can easily to bypass lock screen remotely by Find My Mobile / Device service on PC.
You’ll need to be signed into your Samsung and Google account on your phone, and must have either a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
Unlock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Go to Find My Device and then log in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Galaxy S6 Active from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung S6 Active from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung S6 Active from Recovery
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Active and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons until you see the Samsung S6 Active logo.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Navigate with the volume buttons to Wipe data / factory reset and confirm with the Power button.
- Navigate to Yes and confirm with the Power button.
- Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
- Your Galaxy S6 Active will now reset.
It is the high competition of gadgets which has led the company to work on an affordable handset, and hence comes the Samsung S6 Active. The snappers capture nice images and a sufficient amount of storage is available for saving them. It is a very good option for daily usage and the sound battery backup lets the user use the phone for long hours.
By the way, what method did you use? Let me know in the comments below. Also, feel free to reach out for any doubts or queries. Look forward to other articles such as bypass factory reset protection on Samsung Galaxy S6 Active.