You may want to reset Galaxy S6 to its original or default settings, in case it is not functioning properly, getting stuck or bothering you with error messages. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Samsung S6.
The Galaxy S6 comes with a 5.1inch Super Amoled QHD (1440 x 2560 pixels) display. In order to run the phone, there is a 2.1 GHz Octa-Core processor seated upon Exynos 7 Octa 7420 chipset. It is aided by 3GB of RAM and ARM Mali-T760MP8 graphics engine. The phone is very well designed in gold coloured body and boots on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
As far as the camera is concerned, there is a 16MP snapper at the back and a 5MP selfie shooter present. Both the cameras capture quality images and nonetheless the videography output is very sharp. In terms of storage, the device houses an internal memory of 32GB and the external memory card slot can read any microSD card upto 256GB.
A reset is suggested before gifting or selling a device, and in some cases for troubleshooting. You can either do a factory reset or a hard reset.
The former can be done by simply accessing the Samsung phone’s settings. Sometimes that’s just not possible. If the phone isn’t working or for some reason you can’t access the settings, you can go ahead and perform a hard reset using the hardware buttons.
Hard reset Samsung S6
If you are unable to perform a factory data reset on yourSamsung Galaxy S6 using the phone settings for some reasons, you can try the hard reset method. Just follow the steps given below.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press and hold the Power key until the device vibrates, then release it. Keep pressing the Volume Up and Home keys the entire time.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Wipe data/factory reset, then use the Power key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Yes, then use the Power key to select it.
Factory reset Samsung S6 from Settings
One way to reset that is often used is factory reset via the settings menu. This option has been provided by SAMSUNG to make it easier for users to delete data, viruses, cache and files. As it will wipe up everything so the storage issues will also be resolved.
- Go into the “Settings”.
- Tap ‘Backup and resetʼ.
- Tap on “Factory data reset”.
- Tap on ‘Reset Deviceʼ.
- Enter in your lock screen credentials and then tap on ‘Continueʼ.
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on ˊErase Everythingˋ.
- Your device will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
- Swipe up or down to view the “Apps”.
- Touch ˊSettingsˋ.
- Scroll to and touch “General management”.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ˊRESETˋ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch ˊNEXTˋ.
- Touch ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- The Samsung S6 will reset and reboot.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S6
If you’re trying to reset your Galaxy S6 because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Reset Lock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Visit Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Galaxy S6 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen with Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy S6 from the menu on the left.
- Choose the “Erase Device” option from below the device information.
- Select the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 is a powerpack smartphone which impresses one and all. The cameras themselves manage to pull off some pretty shots. The powerful configuration also means you will have a snappy, clutter-free experience on this device, regardless of what you are doing.
Do tell us your opinions in the comments below. For other tips and tricks such as how to frp unlock Samsung Galaxy S6, make sure to bookmark Java-Phones.com!