Xiaomi Redmi 4 has a very useful option to reset Android to its original state, also referred to as, reset system to original factory settings. Here’s how to factory reset your Xiaomi Redmi 4.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 comes with an Octa-Core processor that clocks up to 1.4 GHz speed. It is seated upon the Snapdragon 430 MSM8937 chipset and assisted by Adreno 505. Along with 2GB RAM, the device offers smooth gaming and multitasking. For the power backup, the device has Li-ion battery of 4100 mAh capacity.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 flaunts an amazing bezel-less display having a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels along with a pixel density of 294 PPI. It has a 16:9 aspect ratio. The device presents a beautiful look with a diamond-cut design.
For the camera, it has 13MP rear lens f/1.8 aperture and super nightscape mode. It also has scene recognition, Chroma boost and AI-powered engine. The front camera comes with a 5MP lens.
Even though the Xiaomi Redmi 4 uses the latest Android OS, over time, you can encounter a lot of problems. You may experience problems starting or shutting down, excessive memory usage, performance running apps, battery draining quickly, among many other issues, and when all of these are happening, resetting to factory settings will come in handy.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Xiaomi Redmi 4
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Redmi 4 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Xiaomi Redmi 4.
Factory reset Xiaomi Redmi 4 from Settings
- In the Home screen tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap Additional settings.
- In the Additional settings screen, tap Backup & reset.
- In the Backup & reset screen, tap Erase all data (factory reset).
- At the bottom of the screen tap the Reset phone option.
- After your Xiaomi Redmi 4 reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
Hard reset Xiaomi Redmi 4
- Turn off your Xiaomi Redmi 4 and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time on your Xiaomi Redmi 4.
- Release the all buttons when the phone vibrates.
- In recovery use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and the Power key to select.
- From recovery, after selecting Wipe data on the hard reset process, choose Wipe All Data.
- Then you select Confirm if you are sure to reset data.
- Select reboot system now.
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 is an excellent smartphone which is equipped with a lot of features. The configuration is strong enough to deliver a powerful performance. The camera and the display are also good. With the decent processing, it can be grabbed by a number of users in the provided low budget. You can save ample amount of songs, videos, files, etc due to the presence of a massive storage.
These are several of the most common Xiaomi Redmi 4 problems and troubleshooting tips we have come across. Have you encountered any other problems with this phone? Save even more money by getting free advice. See you in the next article about how to flash Xiaomi Redmi 4.