If you are facing issues such as abrupt reboots, frequent freezing and performance deterioration over time, you can reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 to declutter your smartphone from useless apps and files.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 flaunts a 5.7 inches (720 x 1440 pixels) HD+ IPS LCD display with 282ppi as pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass on top of it for protection. It is a lightweight, slim and compact device that can easily fit anywhere.
The phone is loaded with 2GB of RAM and a 1.8 GHz Octa-Core processor seated in a Snapdragon 450 chipset. It also equips an Adreno 506 GPU to handle gaming and multimedia department. It operates on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat integrated with its own MIUI 9 for customization.
3 Methods to Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5
Sometimes things go wrong with your device, and the Xiaomi Redmi 5 is no exception. One of the ways to fix many problems is to perform a Factory data reset. And this might be the easiest way to solve the problem on your smartphone. Sometimes your problem could be as simple as a software glitch.
Before You Start
- If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 10-20 minutes and try reset again.
- Ensure any personal data is backed up. As all your phone’s data will be deleted, backing up your entire phone is the smart thing to do.
- Please make sure you have the Google account (@gmail email address and password) ready to log back into the smartphone once the reset has completed
Hard reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 from Recovery
Step 1 – Ensure that the Xiaomi Redmi 5 is powered off.
Step 2 – Press the Volume Up and the Power button together till the phone displays the start-up logo.
Step 3 – Once the XIAOMI logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the phone enters the Mi recovery mode.
Step 4 – On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the Wipe data option.
Step 5 – On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Wipe All Data option is highlighted.
Step 6 – Press the Confirm button to hard reset the Xiaomi Redmi 5, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
Step 7 – When the hard Reset is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Reset Screen Lock Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Redmi 5 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Xiaomi Redmi 5.
Factory reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 from Settings
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap Additional settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Reset phone.
- Your Xiaomi Redmi 5 will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 is a bold presence in the price segment, from the vibrant display which makes consuming HD content on it a delight. The cameras on the device are great for clicking pictures under any condition. The metallic body, great design and robust configuration will draw the attention of consumers who seek a powerful device.
Most of the problems that the Xiaomi Redmi 5 has, although not listed above, can usually be fixed by reset. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to frp unlock Xiaomi Redmi 5 which will be coming soon.