Hard and factory reset can help solve problems with your Xiaomi Redmi 7 if it’s crashing or freezing, running slowly or suffering from problems you can’t identify. In this article, you will find a step by step guide to reset Xiaomi Redmi 7.
The Xiaomi Redmi 7 flaunts a 6.26inch IPS LCD display having a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels and a pixel density of 269 ppi, which can provide a sharp and clear vision.
The device is based upon the Snapdragon 632 chipset that supports an Octa-Core processor having a clock speed of 1.8 GHz. For the graphics, there is an Adreno 506 GPU, which handle the efficiency of the processor and there is a 2GB ram, which can provide smooth multitasking and gaming.
Three Easy Ways to Reset Xiaomi Redmi 7
When your Xiaomi Redmi 7 starts showing signs of slowing down, or restarts for no reason at all, or some other problem, you may want to do a factory reset if the restart doesn’t work. If your device is still not working, your last option is to do a hard reset.
Hard reset Xiaomi Redmi 7 from Recovery
- Ensure that the Xiaomi Redmi 7 is powered off.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” keys.
- When you see the Mi Recovery screen, release the keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe All Data“, then select “Confirm“.
Factory reset Xiaomi Redmi 7 via Settings
- In the Home screen tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap Additional settings.
- In the Additional settings screen, tap Backup & reset.
- In the Backup & reset screen, tap Erase all data (factory reset).
- At the bottom of the screen tap the Reset phone option.
- After your Xiaomi Redmi 7 reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
Reset Screen Lock Xiaomi Redmi 7
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Redmi 7 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Xiaomi Redmi 7.
The Xiaomi Redmi 7 is a very affordable smartphone but has decent quality features. It has a very good set of cameras on both sides that can click good photos and videos. The performance is decent and will not displease the users at all. Other than that, from the looks to usage, this phone definitely earns its spot.
If you are still experiencing some problems, such as overheating, apps crashing or battery draining; Keep in mind that these things can also come from hardware.