If your Xiaomi Redmi 8 isn’t working as well as it should be, it might be time to restore the smartphone to its factory settings. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory and hard reset of Xiaomi Redmi 8.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 flaunts a superb quality IPS LCD display that comes with a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels along with a pixel density of 271 PPI. It has been provided with Corning Gorilla Glass protection that keeps it away from bruises and spots.
Under its roof, it has integrated strong internal hardware that provides the best performance in all fields like gaming and multitasking. While the Snapdragon 439 Plus handles the overall operations, the Octa-Core processor setup 4×1.95 GHz ARM Cortex A53 + 4×1.45 GHz ARM Cortex A53 delivers fast performance. It further has an Adreno 505 GPU that gives good graphical effects. The 3GB RAM is also included for lag-free user-experience.
3 Methods to Reset Xiaomi Redmi 8
Xiaomi users really like their Xiaomi Redmi 8, if a Xiaomi user has a problem, it is usually enough to just restart it. But if your device still doesn’t work after you force restart it, then you should reconsider doing a factory reset on your phone.
Reset Screen Lock Xiaomi Redmi 8
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Redmi 8 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Xiaomi Redmi 8.
Hard reset Xiaomi Redmi 8 from Recovery
- Ensure that the Xiaomi Redmi 8 is powered off.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” keys.
- When you see the Mi Recovery screen, release the keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe All Data“, then select “Confirm“.
Factory reset Xiaomi Redmi 8
- In the Home screen tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap Additional settings.
- In the Additional settings screen, tap Backup & reset.
- In the Backup & reset screen, tap Erase all data (factory reset).
- At the bottom of the screen tap the Reset phone option.
- After your Xiaomi Redmi 8 reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 is an excellent mid-range smartphone that presents a strong spec-sheet to stand out from the crowd. It has a superb camera, amazing battery backup and huge storage. The processing front also shows admirable built that can deal with any sort of functioning.
However, no matter how great the smartphone is, the potential for trouble is always there. When your device is having a rough time, it’s usually better to reset.