You may want to reset Xiaomi Redmi Y2 to its original settings, in case it is not functioning properly, it freezes or annoys you with error messages. So, why not learn how to reset Xiaomi Redmi Y2.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 comes with a huge IPS LCD display of 5.99inch that has the screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels and a pixel density of 269 PPI. It has the stylish aspect ratio of 18:9 which enhance that quality by providing a more spacious view.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is equipped with the Octa-Core (Cortex A53) processor which is based upon the Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 chipset. There is an Adreno 506 will help it run smooth graphics while the 3GB ram will handle all the multitasking of the device. The device keeps running with the help of the Li-ion battery that has a massive capacity of 3080 mAh, which can render the required power back up all day long.
Three Easy Ways to Reset Xiaomi Redmi Y2
Every Android device has access to factory reset. Some apps may cause problems due to changes to device settings and the user won’t be able to fix it so the last option for the user to install those apps is to reset them to default settings. Resetting to its default surely boost the speed and it feels like a new Xiaomi Redmi Y2.
Reset Screen Lock Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Xiaomi Redmi Y2.
Factory reset Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap Additional settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Reset phone.
- Your Xiaomi Redmi Y2 will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
Hard reset Xiaomi Redmi Y2 from Recovery
- Turn off your Xiaomi Redmi Y2 and wait a few seconds.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Mi Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight Wipe All Data and then press the power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down button once to highlight Confirm and press the power key to select it.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, highlight Reboot system now and press the power key.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your phone as a new device.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is a powerful smartphone that provides seamless performance. This phone is an ideal choice especially for camera lovers who love to capture high quality sharp images every now and then. The configuration it offers is currently available in other phones even at much low price tag, but yet it would be a great choice for brilliant cameras and the performance it gives are beyond satisfaction.
This is a common problem, so if you were able to unlock your device thanks to the guide or there is a method that we haven’t covered let us know in the comments below.