All Vivo phones have a reset feature which returns the device to its original state by erasing all data stored on the Vivo Z1. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory and hard reset of Vivo Z1.
The Vivo Z1 flaunts a 6.26 Inch (1080 x 2280 pixels) FHD+ IPS LCD display with 403ppi as pixel density and features Corning Gorilla Glass for screen protection. It is really compact and fits comfortably wherever you keep it, irrespective of your hand or pocket.
The handset is loaded with 4GB of RAM and a 2.2 GHz Octa-Core processor seated in a Snapdragon 660 chipset. It also equips an Adreno 512 GPU to handle gaming and multimedia department. It operates on the Android 8.1 Oreo integrated with its own FuntouchOS 4.0 for customization. It comes with 64GB of internal storage that can be increased up to a limit of 64GB via microSD cards.
When your Vivo Z1 starts showing signs of slowing down, or are restarting for no reason at all, or some other issues, you might want to do a factory reset if restarting doesn’t work. If your device is still not working, your last option is to do a hard reset.
Hard reset Vivo Z1 from Recovery
- Ensure that the Vivo Z1 is powered off.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume UP and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Vivo Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- Select Recovery mode by pressing Volume down button and enter it by pressing Power button.
- From the Vivo Recovery screen, select Wipe data.
- Touch Wipe data and then confirm by clicking OK.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, tap Reboot system.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your Vivo Z1 as a new device.
Factory reset Vivo Z1 from Settings
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap More settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data.
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Format Phone Storage.
- Next tap Clear Now.
- Your Vivo Z1 will restart and begin the factory data reset.
Reset Screen Lock Vivo Z1
- Log into Find My Device with your Google Account (email) and password.
- Select the Vivo Z1 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase Device button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Vivo Z1.
The Vivo Z1 comes with an impressive camera and beautiful display design. The strong processor performs efficiently while you enjoy games and use multiple apps without any worry. The battery backup is an added advantage, which gives uninterrupted entertainment.
If you have any thoughts you want to share on the Vivo Z1, please don’t hesitate to share them down below!. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to change font style in Vivo Z1 which will be coming soon.