There are several reasons why you might need to reset your Oppo K5. You installed too many apps and just need to start clean. You may also be selling your device or fixing some other problem. Today, we’re here to tell you how you can factory and hard reset Oppo K5.
Oppo K5 is equipped with a Snapdragon 730G chipset and an Octa-Core processor that comes with a clock speed of 2.2 GHz. There is a 6GB ram that ensures smooth gaming, multitasking, and other high-end usages. For taking care of the graphical requirements, the phone has an Adreno 618 GPU.
Oppo K5 comes with a bezel-less display having a waterdrop notch on top. The phone has 6.4-inch Oled display bearing a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels along with a pixel density of 403 ppi.
3 Methods to Reset Oppo K5
Whether you’ve run into technical glitches on your Oppo K5, or you’ve sold it and want to make sure the new owner can’t access your data, factory reset is a handy trick to know. This post will show you the steps on how to do that.
All data saved on your phone is deleted when you perform a factory reset. All apps are uninstalled. Back up all important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the phone.
Reset Screen Lock Oppo K5
- Log into Find My Device with your Google Account (email) and password.
- Select the Oppo K5 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase Device option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Oppo K5.
Factory reset Oppo K5 from Settings
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Additional settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data (factory data reset).
- Tap Erase Data.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Oppo K5 will automatically reset and reboot.
Hard reset Oppo K5 via Recovery
- Turn off your Oppo K5 and wait a few seconds.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the ColorOS Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the ColorOS Recovery screen, select Wipe data.
- Touch Wipe data (Keep SMS, Contacts and Photos) and then confirm by clicking OK.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, tap Reboot.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your Oppo K5 as a new device.
The Oppo K5 is a power packed handset in which the user can run heavy games and apps for long hours. Like its siblings, the cameras of this device is also amazing which outputs ultra clear images. A massive storage capacity makes it a great package for entertainment. The Oppo K5 is a suitable option for heavy users.
If you are still experiencing some problems, such as overheating, apps crashing or battery draining; Keep in mind that these things can also come from hardware.