If you’re having a lot of problems with your Oppo A5s, performing a factory reset may be the solution. Using this guide, you’ll learn how to reset Oppo A5s.
The Oppo A5s is powered by a 2.3 GHz Octa-Core processor placed upon Helio P35 MT6765 chipset and a 2GB of RAM. A PowerVR GE8320 is added with those to output a superb graphics display. The device runs on ColorOS 5.2 operating system based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
The Oppo A5s sports a 6.2inch IPS LCD display with a 720 x 1520 resolution. The Oppo A5s comes with a metal body and is available in Silver, Gold and White colored body.
A reset is recommended before giving away or selling the device, and in some cases for troubleshooting. You can do a factory reset or a hard reset.
The first can be done simply by accessing the Oppo A5s settings. Sometimes that’s just not possible. If the device isn’t working or for some reason you can’t access the settings, you can go ahead and perform a hard reset using the hardware buttons.
Hard reset Oppo A5s via Recovery
- Shut down your Oppo A5s completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Down button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the OPPO logo.
- Then you will see the ColorOS recovery menu.
- Scroll to Wipe data.
- Press the Wipe data (Keep SMS, Contacts and Photos) button.
- Scroll to OK.
- Press the Reboot menu.
- The Oppo A5s will now wipe all contents.
Factory reset Oppo A5s
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Additional settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data (factory data reset).
- Tap Erase Data.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Oppo A5s will automatically reset and reboot.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Oppo A5s
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Oppo A5s from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Oppo A5s.
This process will wipe all the information of your phone; basically returns it just like the day you bought it. All of your apps, contacts, pictures, messages, everything will be deleted. This seems like the appropriate time to remind you to back up your phone.
The Oppo A5s is a powerpack smartphone which impresses one and all. If you are looking for a lightweight smartphone with a powerhouse performance then is the one you should opt for. It is a capable device in its respective segment without much compromise in terms of specifications and pricing.
If we’ve missed an easy way to reset on the Oppo A5s, or you have questions about one of the methods on this list, let us know in the comments below. Look forward to other articles such as how to root Oppo A5s which will be coming soon.