You may want to reset Oppo Reno 2Z to its factory settings, if it doesn’t work properly, it freezes or annoys you with error messages. Using this guide, you’ll learn how to reset Oppo Reno 2Z.
The Oppo Reno 2Z flaunts a (1080 x 2340 pixels) display, boots on Android 9.0 Pie operating system, features gorilla glass and a fingerprint sensor. For driving the phone, there are Octa-Core processors 2×2.2 GHz ARM Cortex A75 + 6×2.0 GHz ARM Cortex A55 seated upon a Helio P90 (MT6779) chipset. It is aided by 8GB of RAM and IMG PowerVR GM9446 graphics engine.
The device is armed with a 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP camera at the rear and for selfie lovers, there are Quad cameras, comprising of 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP. If not sufficient, the user can make use of the OTG cable or the memory card slot which can read microSD cards of upto 128GB.
Three Easy Ways to Reset Oppo Reno 2Z
You have bought the Oppo Reno 2Z but then you might experience a decrease in performance from the phone. It might even stop working completely. If this happens, it’s time to consider resetting the smartphone. However, you first need to learn how to reset the Oppo Reno 2Z.
Before You Start
- If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 10-20 minutes and try reset again.
- Ensure any personal data is backed up. As all your phone’s data will be deleted, backing up your entire device is the smart thing to do.
- Before proceeding with a hard Reset ensure you know your Gmail address and password.
Reset passcode or pattern lock Oppo Reno 2Z
- Log into https://www.google.com/android/find with your Google Account ID and password.
- Select the Oppo Reno 2Z from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase Device option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Oppo Reno 2Z.
Factory reset Oppo Reno 2Z
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap Additional settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data (factory data reset).
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Erase Data.
- Your Oppo Reno 2Z will restart and begin the factory data reset.
Hard reset Oppo Reno 2Z from Recovery
- Shut down your Oppo Reno 2Z completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Down button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the OPPO logo.
- Then you will see the ColorOS recovery menu.
- Scroll to Wipe data.
- Press the Wipe data (Keep SMS, Contacts and Photos) button.
- Scroll to OK.
- Press the Reboot menu.
- The Oppo Reno 2Z will now wipe all contents.
The Oppo Reno 2Z comes with an affordable price-tag and can provide great performance. The smartphone delivers a good performance, nice battery backupa and good cameras. The internal storage could have been better but considering the budget, it is a good option to go for.
By the way, what method did you use? Let me know in the comments below. Also, feel free to reach out for any doubts or queries. Look forward to other articles such as how to lock apps in Oppo Reno 2Z.