Factory resets are the best solution for many Android issues. If your Galaxy Jean2 is far slower than it once was, you have a malware infection that won’t go away or plan to sell your phone, a factory reset is the most convenient solution. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung Jean2.
The Samsung Jean2 comes with a 5.8-inch TFT display which outputs a screen resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels. It is driven by Octa-Core Samsung processors seated upon Exynos 7 Octa 7884 chipset (64-bit architecture). It is aided by 3GB of RAM and ARM Mali-G71 graphics card. The phone runs on Android 9.0 operating system.
Acting as an energy booster, there is a 3000 mAh Li-ion battery with quick charging enabled. The user can hang around with the phone for long hours, be it high-end gaming or heavy multitasking. In order to save files, the phone has an internal space of 32GB and there is also a memory card slot present which can read any microSD card up to 256.
Whether you are selling your Galaxy Jean2, having issues, or just want a fresh start, there are a variety of reasons you might need a reset. This also works if your phone randomly shuts off and won’t turn back on. Let’s see how to factory reset Samsung Galaxy Jean2.
Hard reset Samsung Jean2 via Recovery
- Shut down your Galaxy Jean2 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” keys.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Yes“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung Jean2
If you’re trying to reset your Galaxy Jean2 because you’ve forgotten your lock screen fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Samsung Jean2 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy Jean2 from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Select the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung Jean2 from Settings
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Touch “General management”.
- Press ˊResetˋ.
- Press “Factory data reset”.
- Press ‘RESETʼ.
- Tap ‘DELETE ALLʼ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung Jean2 and prepare it for use.
- Head into your “Settings” and scroll down the page to ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Tap on “Reset”.
- Press “Factory data reset”.
- Scroll down the page and select ˊResetˋ.
- This is the final step, so be sure that you want to go through with it. If you are, then tap ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- The Galaxy Jean2 will automatically reset and reboot.
The Samsung Galaxy Jean2 comes with a powerful spec-sheet at a high-range price bracket. The robust hardware components accompanied by a massive RAM give the device a highly appreciated tag at this price. Users can also enjoy a photo session provided an impressive set of cameras. Its amazing display serves a great visual experience while reading or watching something.
Most of the problems that the Samsung Galaxy Jean2 has, although not listed above, can usually be fixed by reset. For other tips and tricks such as how to screenshot in Samsung Galaxy Jean2, we will publish it soon.