There are many reasons you’ll want to reset your Xiaomi Redmi 5A, and there are many different methods to do so. Here you’ll learn about three different levels of resetting your Xiaomi Redmi 5A.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes with a 5 inches tall IPS LCD display having a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and a density of 294 PPI. The Xiaomi Redmi 5A has an internal storage of 16GB, which is huge to keep all the files and data of the users without any issue.
Under the skin, the device gets a Quad-Core (Cortex A53) processor, which is seated upon the Snapdragon 425 MSM8917 chipset. Assisted by the Adreno 308 GPU and a 2GB RAM, it deals with multitasking and high-end gaming like a pro.
3 Methods to Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5A
If your Xiaomi Redmi 5A is stuck, crashing, or not working properly, it’s time to troubleshoot the issue. A simple reset also works like a troubleshooting tool and fixes most of the minor and major issue of a device. There are various modes of resetting like a factory reset and hard reset.
Factory reset Xiaomi Redmi 5A via Settings
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap Additional settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Reset phone.
- Your Xiaomi Redmi 5A will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Redmi 5A from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Xiaomi Redmi 5A.
Hard reset Xiaomi Redmi 5A via Recovery
- Shut down your Xiaomi Redmi 5A completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Xiaomi logo.
- Then you will see the Mi recovery menu.
- Scroll to Wipe data by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- Scroll to Wipe All Data by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- The phone will now wipe all contents.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A is an excellent mid-range smartphone that presents a strong spec-sheet to stand out from the crowd. Keeping the camera and battery backup aside, the storage capacity is also quite good, thanks to the humongous external storage support. The processing front also shows admirable built that can deal with any sort of functioning.
If we’ve missed an easy way to reset on the Xiaomi Redmi 5A, or you have questions about one of the methods on this list, let us know in the comments below. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to change storage settings on Xiaomi Redmi 5A which will be coming soon.