You can regularly restore your Xiaomi Redmi S2 to factory settings for troubleshooting some crashed and issues, or to wipe out your personal data from phone, or to boost the performance. Using this guide, you’ll learn how to reset Xiaomi Redmi S2.
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 comes with a 5.99 inches full-HD, IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1,080×2,160 pixels. As a result of the HD+ resolution, the pixel density of the device is 269 PPI. The Xiaomi Redmi S2 gets all the required fuel from a 3080 mAh Li-ion battery for uninterrupted entertainment.
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 boots on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system. Under the hood, the smartphone is configured with a 2 GHz Octa-Core processor that is based on Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 chipset. The processor is paired with an Adreno 506 graphics card and a 3GB ram.
Three Easy Ways to Reset Xiaomi Redmi S2
Before you can even begin to think about giving your Xiaomi Redmi S2 to someone else, you need to take some time to wipe and reset it to factory settings. Doing so will ensure that nobody has access to the treasure trove of personal information we all keep on our phones. This also works if your Xiaomi Redmi S2 randomly shuts off and won’t turn back on.
Factory reset Xiaomi Redmi S2 via Settings
- In the Home screen tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap Additional settings.
- In the Additional settings screen, tap Backup & reset.
- In the Backup & reset screen, tap Erase all data (factory reset).
- At the bottom of the screen tap the Reset phone option.
- After your Xiaomi Redmi S2 reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Xiaomi Redmi S2
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Redmi S2 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Xiaomi Redmi S2.
Hard reset Xiaomi Redmi S2 from Recovery
- Ensure that the Xiaomi Redmi S2 is powered off.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Mi Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight Wipe All Data and then press the power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down button once to highlight Confirm and press the power key to select it.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, highlight Reboot system now and press the power key.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your phone as a new device.
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 is a nice smartphone which comes equipped with a lot of decent features. Combined with an excellent battery backup, make for a really amazing choice in the budget range. The processor is decent and the capacity of RAM is considerably less. Overall, if you are looking for a decent smartphone of a premium brand then you can go for the Xiaomi Redmi S2.
This is a common problem, so if you were able to unlock your phone thanks to the guide or there is a method that we haven’t covered let us know in the comments below.