Restoring your Honor 9i to its factory state can be a way to solve performance issues, remove virus or prepare it for a new owner. Using this guide, you’ll learn how to reset Honor 9i.
The Huawei comes with a 5.84 Inch IPS LCD display. The density of the screen is 432 PPI and the resolution is 1080 x 2280 pixels which provide a good visual experience.
The smartphone is based on HiSilicon KIRIN 659 chipset upon which Octa-Core processors are provided with 4×2.36 GHz ARM Cortex A53 + 4×1.7 GHz ARM Cortex A53 clock speed each that make this smartphone a better option in multitasking and gaming. The processor is further assisted by a 4GB RAM and for the graphics part, there is an ARM Mali-T830MP2 GPU. The whole operation is run by Android 8.0 Oreo.
We recommend that you reset Honor 9i this way before you sell, donate, or otherwise give away the smartphone and you want to make sure no one else can see your data and information. And you need to select this reset option if you’re having software problems with Honor 9i and want to reset it for troubleshooting.
Reset Screen Lock Honor 9i
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Honor 9i from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Honor 9i.
Hard reset Honor 9i via Recovery
- Shut down your Honor 9i completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Huawei logo.
- Then you will see the Fastboot Mode.
- Touch Wipe data/Factory reset.
- Choose Wipe data to confirm the whole operation.
- Press the Reboot system menu.
- The Honor 9i will now wipe all contents.
Factory reset Honor 9i via Settings
- Tap on the “Settings” icon from the menu.
- Scroll down and tap on the “System” option.
- Tap on the “Reset” option.
- Then choose “Reset Phone” button at the bottom.
- Finally, tap on the “Reset phone” once again to start the factory reset on your Honor 9i.
The Honor 9i comes with an affordable price-tag and can provide great performance. It has a good battery backup and decent processing with a nice set of cameras. The internal storage could have been better but considering the budget, it is a good option to go for.
Some of these problems stem not so much specifically from Huawei itself, but from having one of the latest updates. If you have a serious problem, especially involving hardware, the best solution is probably to contact the manufacturer or retailer support for your device. If you want to get more interesting tips such as how to root Honor 9i, please keep an eye on this Java-Phones.com blog.