If your Huawei P10 is running slowly or you’re encountering bugs and crashes on a regular basis, an easy solution is to simply reset your device to its defaults, removing all your apps, files and everything else that could be causing a problem.
The Huawei P10 flaunts a 5.1-inch FHD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The pixel density of 432 ppi, which lends a great deal of clarity to the display. When it comes to the cameras, the handset is armed with a Dual camera setup having 12MP + 20MP lenses which are assisted by the features like LED flash and Phase detection autofocus. It has an 8MP front camera accompanied by a LED flash, that provides great selfies.
Speaking of performance, it is driven by Octa-Core processors with clock speeds of 2.4 GHz. Those are built upon a powerful HiSilicon KIRIN 960 chipset. The device packs in a 4GB RAM which comes in quite handy for multitasking. As far as the storage goes, it comes with an internal storage capacity of 64GB, which can be further expanded up to 128, which quite easily meets the storage needs of the user.
A reset is recommended before giving away or selling the device, and in some cases for troubleshooting. You can do a factory reset or a hard reset.
The first can be done simply by accessing the Huawei P10 settings. Sometimes that is not possible, though. If the phone isn’t working or for some reason you can’t access the settings, you can go ahead and perform a hard reset using the hardware buttons.
Hard reset Huawei P10 via Recovery
- Ensure that the Huawei P10 is powered off.
- Press and hold the “Power” key and “Volume Up” button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Huawei logo.
- Then you will see the “Fastboot Mode“.
- Touch “Wipe data/Factory reset“.
- Choose “Wipe data” to confirm the whole operation.
- Press the “Reboot system” menu.
- The Huawei P10 will now wipe all contents.
Factory reset Huawei P10 via Settings
- In the Home screen tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap System.
- In the System screen, tap Reset.
- In the Reset screen, tap Factory data reset.
- At the bottom of the screen tap the RESET PHONE option.
- If prompted, enter your device PIN/password/pattern. Touch NEXT.
- Finally tap RESET PHONE.
- After your Huawei P10 reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your phone.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Huawei P10
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Huawei P10 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Huawei P10.
The Huawei P10 is a bit expensive smartphone as compared to other phones of this range, but the camera features it offers is remarkably great for those who are fond of taking pictures. Combined with the excellent battery backup, it makes for a really amazing choice in a budget range. The processor ensures that you can play heavy games without facing many lags.
However, no matter how great the phone is, potential problems are always on. When your device is having a rough time, it’s usually better to reset.