If your Honor V9 isn’t working as well as it should be, it might be time to restore the smartphone to its factory settings. In this tutorial, we’ll see how to hard and factory Honor V9.
The Honor V9 stocks a sizable 4000 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery that will not even last more than a day with casual usage. This smartphone is powered by a HiSilicon KIRIN 960 chipset where an Octa-Core processor is seated having a clock speed of 2.4 GHz. An ARM Mali-G71MP8 GPU answers all the graphical needs of the system. It also comes with a 4GB ram.
The Honor V9 sports a large 5.7-inch IPS LCD display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution of 515 pixel density. On the camera department, it has 12MP + 12MP Dual camera rear cameras which deliver good pictures. The front shooter is an 8MP lens which can impress the selfie lovers with its flattering pictures.
There are various reasons why you might need to factory reset your Honor V9. Whether your device is lagging or you are just getting ready to sell it, factory reset is one of the best ways to restore your phone to its perfect factory condition. Let’s discuss two ways to factory reset. You can do a soft reset or a hard reset.
Reset Screen Lock Honor V9
- Log into Find My Device with your Google Account (email) and password.
- Select the Honor V9 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase Device button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Honor V9.
Hard reset Honor V9 from Recovery
- Shut down your Honor V9 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Volume UP, and Power buttons until you see the Huawei logo.
- Wait a few seconds into Huawei eRecovery.
- Select Wipe data/Factory Reset.
- And then confirm by choose Wipe data/Factory Reset again.
- Allow several seconds for the hard reset to complete.
- When finished, please tap Reboot system in Huawei eRecovery.
- Your Honor V9 will now hard reset.
Factory reset Honor V9
- Go to the notification section of the Honor V9.
- Select the gear icon to bring up Settings.
- From the settings page, scroll down and select Advanced settings.
- The next step select Factory data reset.
- Make sure that everything important has been backed up, and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset phone.
- Then select Reset phone again and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.
The Huawei flagship Honor V9 is a better equipped smartphone at affordable price. It comes with a bezel-less display having notch on top that includes the front camera sensor and proximity or ambient sensors. The inbuilt storage is huge with the option of expanding the memory. The processor with a huge RAM runs the phone at a good speed and promises an all-round task.
Some of these problems stem not so much specifically from Huawei itself, but from having one of the latest updates. If you have a serious problem, especially involving hardware, the best solution is probably to contact the manufacturer or retailer support for your device. If you want to get more interesting tips such as how to update Honor V9, please keep an eye on this Java-Phones.com blog.