If you don’t think your Honor Play is running as well as it should be, or you’re getting worrying error messages, it might be time to reset your smartphone to its factory settings.
Honor Play is equipped with a HiSilicon KIRIN 970 chipset and an Octa-Core processor that runs at a clock speed of 2.4 GHz. It has an ARM Mali G72MP12 GPU and a 4GB ram that handles the overall functioning maintaining the flow of multiple apps, games and background tasks.
Honor Play comes with a waterdrop display that stands 6.3inch tall. It bears an IPS LCD display type having a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and a pixel density of 409 PPI. There is an aspect ratio of 19:9 that adds style to the display.
Whether you’ve run into technical glitches on your Honor Play, or you’ve sold it and want to make sure the new owner can’t access your data, a factory reset is a useful trick to know. This post will show you the steps on how to do that.
Factory reset Honor Play from Settings
- Tap on the Settings icon from the menu.
- Scroll down and tap on the System option.
- Tap on the Reset option.
- Then choose Reset Phone button at the bottom.
- Finally, tap on the Reset phone once again to start the factory reset on your Honor Play.
Reset Screen Lock Honor Play
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Honor Play from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Honor Play.
Hard reset Honor Play via Recovery
- Ensure that the Honor Play is powered off.
- Push “Volume Up” and “Power” button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when Huawei eRecovery Mode shows up.
- Choose “Wipe data/Factory reset“.
- You need to confirm your action once more by choosing “Wipe data“
- Finally, choose “Reboot system“.
The Honor Play comes with a powerful spec-sheet at a high-range price bracket. The robust hardware components accompanied by a massive RAM give the device a highly appreciated tag at this price. Its beefy battery keeps it alive for many hours and its awesome cameras can engage its users for a handful experience in photography. As for the display, the device gets high resolution but lacks screen protection, which could have been provided in this range.
If we’ve missed an easy way to reset on the Honor Play, or you have questions about one of the methods on this list, let us know in the comments below. For other tips and tricks such as how to update Honor Play, we will publish it soon.