If you don’t think your Samsung Wide4 is running as well as it should be, or you’re getting worrying error messages, it might be time to reset your Samsung Galaxy Wide4 to its factory settings. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Galaxy Wide4.
The Galaxy Wide4 features a 6.4-inch Super Amoled display with a resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels and a high pixel density of 268 PPI. The Samsung Wide4 sports a 13MP + 5MP camera setup aligned vertically at the back. The front camera is an 8MP shooter, with software backed portrait mode.
The handset is powered by Exynos 7 Octa 7884 Octa-Core processor coupled with a high 3GB of RAM. To handle heavy gaming, the device has ARM Mali-G71 that offers smooth gaming experience without any frame drops. The device comes with an internal storage of 32GB.
If your phone is malfunctioning and slow then factory reset can help you solve the problem. The process of resetting the Samsung Wide4 is much different from other phones. There are 3 new resetting methods in this post — factory reset, hard reset and remote reset. Let’s find out the best way to reset your Samsung Wide4.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung Wide4
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, you can try hard resetting the Samsung Wide4. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
You’ll need your Google or Samsung Account credentials and the phone will need to be turned on and connected to the internet.
Unlock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Visit https://www.google.com/android/find and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy Wide4 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select “Erase Device” to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Galaxy Wide4 from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung Wide4
If you experience delays in app launch and performance, junk file, data, installed applications, dalvik and other files. The easiest solution is factory reset.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the ˊSettingsˋ icon.
- Tap ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Touch ‘Resetʼ.
- Press ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Press “RESET”.
- Tap ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung Galaxy Wide4 and prepare it for use.
- Head into your ˊSettingsˋ and scroll down the page to “General management”.
- Tap on ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Scroll down the page and select ˊResetˋ.
- This is the final step, so be sure that you want to go through with it. If you are, then tap ‘DELETE ALLʼ.
- The Samsung Wide4 will reset and reboot.
Hard reset Samsung Wide4 from Recovery
- Shut down your Galaxy Wide4 completely by pressing the Power button.
- If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone.
- Hold down the Power key for a few seconds and tap restart two times.
- Wait until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up push Volume Up and Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when Recovery Mode shows up.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset. Use Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm.
- Select Yes from the menu. Press the Power key.
- If Recovery Mode appears, choose reboot system now by using the Power button.
The Galaxy Wide4 is a power-packed smartphone, which comes with a mid-range price tag. It is not just about performance, other features like camera and storage are well in sync with the price tag. You can save your unforgettable memories in your smartphone by recording or capturing it. Apart from there, the device has an ample amount of storage and quick-charging along with an excellent battery.
Despite some problems here and there, the Samsung Galaxy Wide4 is still a great phone. Do you have any problems that you didn’t see above? Leave a comment below, and we’ll troubleshoot the issue with you. For other tips and tricks such as bypass factory reset protection on Samsung Galaxy Wide4 which will be coming soon.