If you don’t think your Vivo V20 is running as well as it should be, or you’re getting worrying error messages, it might be time to reset your phone to its factory settings.
The Vivo V20 stocks a decent 128GB internal storage which can be expanded to a sizable 512GB. This smartphone is powered by the homegrown Snapdragon 720G with Qualcomm processor. The processors are coupled with an Adreno 618 GPU and a sizable 8GB RAM can deliver a blazing fast usage and in-game performance.
The Vivo V20 flaunts a beautiful 6.44 Inch screen with AMOLED display which exhibits a 1080 x 2400 pixels screen resolution. The expansive 20:9 aspect ratio and 409 pixel density ensure pleasant media consumption. The AMOLED panel is protected, sharp and power efficient by Gorilla Glass.
3 Methods to Reset Vivo V20
When the Vivo V20 is acting up or when you encounter a bug, your first thing is usually to factory reset your smartphone. This nifty trick takes care of minor bugs in the operating system. You may also need to hard reset your device if the screen goes black or freezes.
Hard reset Vivo V20 via Recovery
- Shut down your Vivo V20 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the “Volume UP” and “Power” keys simultaneously until Vivo logo appears to enter Fastboot mode.
- Then in the Fastboot Mode select the “Recovery Mode“.
- After that, select the “Wipe Data” menu.
- Continue by selecting the option “Wipe data“.
- After that you confirm by tapping the “OK” button.
- If the Wipe process is complete “Wiped Successfully” tap the “OK” button.
- You can select the option “Reboot system“.
- Later the Vivo V20 will restart by itself and wait for the restart to finish in a few minutes.
Factory reset Vivo V20
- In the Home screen tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap More settings.
- In the More settings screen, tap Backup & reset.
- In the Backup & reset screen, tap Erase all data.
- At the bottom of the screen tap the Format Phone Storage option.
- Finally click Clear Now.
- After your Vivo V20 reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your phone.
Reset passcode or pattern lock Vivo V20
- Log into https://www.google.com/android/find with your Google Account ID and password.
- Select the Vivo V20 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase Device button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Vivo V20.
Vivo V20 is a decent device in an entry-level budget. It has a good pair of camera that can click excellent images. The device also provides decent performance due to the presence of a great processor. Justifying the manufacturer’s reputation, the device also poses a powerful rear snapper, making it the complete device.
If we’ve missed an easy way to reset on the Vivo V20, or you have questions about one of the methods on this list, let us know in the comments below. For other tips and tricks such as how to screenshot in Vivo V20 which will be coming soon.