If you own a Redmi Note 9 and do not want yourself to be called a noob, you must know some basic things that help you fix your phone in certain situations. Today, we’re here to tell you how you can hard reset, factory reset and remotely reset Redmi Note 9.
The Redmi Note 9 is powered by Octa-Core processor that has a combination of a 2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 + 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 processors. These are seated on a MediaTek Helio G85 chipset. Along with the impressive processor setup and great chipset, the 3/4/6GB RAM makes it a good option to play heavy games. Rounding off the performance is a Mali-G52 MC2 GPU that answers the graphical requirements of the system.
The Redmi Note 9 comes with a 64/128GB inbuilt storage, which can be further expanded up to 512GB by using a memory card. The phone features a 6.53 inches IPS display, which exhibits a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels that make the viewing experience better.
3 Methods to Reset Redmi Note 9
When a phone is exposed to malware or catches some viruses, the phone becomes slow and its performance is also affected. And also want to sell your Redmi Note 9 and erase everything in no time. Reset is the easiest solution.
Besides, if you are unable to get past the lock screen on your device we have prepared a list with methods that should prove useful no matter the situation.
Performing a reset will permanently delete all user data on the smartphone. Be sure to back up your data before performing a Factory or Hard Reset.
Reset Screen Lock Redmi Note 9
If you have a Google account registered with your device, you can use Google Find My Device to remotely reset your screen lock.
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Redmi Note 9 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Redmi Note 9.
Hard reset Redmi Note 9
This option is also useful for removing screen locks. Also, if your phone is stuck on the Redmi logo, you can fix it by hard reset via MiRecovery.
- Ensure that the Redmi Note 9 is powered off.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Xiaomi logo.
- Then you will see the Mi recovery menu.
- Scroll to Wipe data by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- Scroll to Wipe All Data by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- The phone will now wipe all contents.
Factory reset Redmi Note 9
You can perform a factory reset via the settings menu to solve common problems such as lag, decreased performance, cleaning data and other files.
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Additional settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap Reset phone.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Redmi Note 9 will automatically reset and reboot.
The Redmi Note 9 is a mid-ranged device from Xiaomi that offers users the best features and a premium phone experience. The remarkable cameras take rich pictures with much detail and appreciable color reproduction.
It has a massive battery capacity which can provide enough power to give day-long backup. The strong configuration of the smartphone ensures that it can easily manage multitasking as well as run high-graphic centric games.
If you run into a serious problem, especially one involving hardware, the best solution might be to contact Xiaomi customer service or retailer for your phone.
If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to talk to us in the comments. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to screenshot in Redmi Note 9 which will be coming soon.