There are plenty of good reasons to reset your Samsung Galaxy A40 and put it back to its factory default settings, including selling it and protecting your private information and simply clearing out the clutter. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Galaxy A40.
The Samsung A40 stocks a sizable 3100 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery that will not even last more than a day with casual usage. This device is powered by an Exynos 7 Octa 7904 chipset where an Octa-Core processor is seated having a clock speed of 1.8 GHz. An ARM Mali-G71MP2 GPU answers all the graphical needs of the system. It also comes with a 4GB RAM.
The Galaxy A40 sports a large 5.9 inches Super Amoled display with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution of 437 pixel density. On the camera department, it has 16MP + 5MP Dual camera rear cameras which deliver good pictures. The front shooter is a 25MP lens which can impress the selfie lovers with its flattering pictures.
Sometimes things go wrong with your device, and the Samsung Galaxy A40 is no exception. One way to remedy many issues is to do a Factory data reset. And this might be the easiest way to solve the problem on your smartphone. Sometimes your problem could be as simple as a software glitch.
What Should You Do Before Resetting Your Samsung Galaxy A40?
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy A40 is charged at least 50% so that your smartphone doesn’t run out of power during the resetting process.
- When you try to start up your device after completing a factory reset, you are required to log in to the original Google Account in the initial setup.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung A40
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, you have up to 5 attempts to try and unlock your Galaxy A40. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Reset Lock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Visit Find My Device and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy A40 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select “Erase Device” to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung A40 from the menu on the left.
- Choose the “Erase Device” option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung A40
- Shut down your Galaxy A40 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Samsung logo.
- Then you will see the Android system recovery menu.
- Scroll to wipe data / factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- Scroll to Yes by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- The phone will now wipe all contents.
Factory reset Samsung A40
The method is very basic and easy to understand for all the SAMSUNG devices as the layman can do it without the product knowledge. To factory reset using settings, follow below steps.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Touch ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Touch ‘Resetʼ.
- Touch ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Touch ‘RESETʼ.
- Press ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung A40 and prepare it for use.
- Head into your ‘Settingsʼ and scroll down the page to ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Tap on ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Scroll down the page and select ‘Resetʼ.
- This is the final step, so be sure that you want to go through with it. If you are, then tap ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- The Samsung A40 will automatically reset and reboot.
The Samsung A40 is a well-equipped mid-range smartphone with interesting features. The strong processor performs efficiently while you enjoy games and use multiple apps without any worry. In terms of storage, the phone has great storage capacity. The cameras are capable enough to capture a detailed picture.
These are several of the most common Samsung Galaxy A40 problems and troubleshooting tips we have come across. Have you encountered any other problems with this phone? Save even more money by getting free advice. See you in the next article about bypass factory reset protection on Samsung Galaxy A40.