If you’re having a lot of problems with your Galaxy Note FE, performing a factory reset may be the solution. Here’s how to factory reset your Galaxy Note FE.
The Samsung Note FE features a 5.7 Inch Super Amoled display with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels and a high pixel density of 506 PPI. The Samsung Galaxy Note FE sports a 12MP camera setup aligned vertically at the back. The front camera is a 5MP shooter, with software backed portrait mode.
The handset is powered by Exynos 8 Octa 8890 2.3 Octa-Core processor coupled with a high 4GB of RAM. To handle heavy gaming, the device has ARM Mali-T880 Mp12 that offers smooth gaming experience without any frame drops. The device comes with an internal storage of 64GB.
When your Samsung Galaxy Note FE is starting to show signs of slowing down, or restarts for no reason at all, or some other issues, you may want to do a factory reset if the restart doesn’t work. If your device is still not working, your last option is to do a hard reset.
Hard reset Samsung Note FE via Recovery
❶ Ensure that the Galaxy Note FE is powered off. If your phone stuck in a boot loop, You can wait for the battery to drain and try resetting these steps after recharging
❷ Press the “Volume Up” and “Power” button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
❸ Once the Samsung Note FE logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
❹ On the displayed screen, use “Volume Down” button to go to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
❺ Once the option is highlighted, press the “Power” button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
❻ On the next screen, press the “Volume Down” button multiple times till the “Yes” option is highlighted.
❻ Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung Galaxy Note FE, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung Note FE
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, you have up to 5 attempts to try and unlock your Samsung Note FE. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Visit Find My Device and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy Note FE from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung Note FE from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung Note FE from Settings
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap ‘General managementʼ and then tap Reset.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Reset”.
- Tap ‘Nextʼ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on “Delete All”.
- The Galaxy Note FE will automatically reset and reboot.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the ˊSettingsˋ icon.
- Press ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Tap ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap “Factory data reset”.
- Press ˊRESETˋ.
- Press ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung Galaxy Note FE and prepare it for use.
The Galaxy Note FE is a premium device that comes with an elegant body and a bezel-less display that compliments the overall look. The processor is strong enough to handle a number of functions. The storage is quite good so that you can keep an ample amount of applications, videos, songs, etc in the device.
If we’ve missed an easy way to reset on the Samsung Galaxy Note FE, or you have questions about one of the methods on this list, you can contact us via Facebook or Twitter. Look forward to other articles such as how to change storage settings on Samsung Galaxy Note FE, we will publish it soon.