Redmi Note 8T will have an immensely handy option to reset Android to original state, which is known as, reset system to original factory settings. In this article, you will find a step by step guide to reset Redmi Note 8T.
The Redmi Note 8T sports a 6.3inch FHD+ LTPS LCD display. It has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a pixel density of 409 PPI. To keep the device running there is 4000 mAh li-polymer battery which is non-removable.
The phone packs an Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 processor clocked at 2 GHz along with 4GB RAM and Adreno 610 GPU. It runs on Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10. For storing files and important data it houses a large 64GB internal storage.
3 Methods to Reset Redmi Note 8T
If you’re having trouble due to some bugs or of your brand new Redmi Note 8T is taking a performance hit for no apparent reason, you may want to reset the device. There are 2 general methods you can use to reset, namely Factory and Hard reset.
What to do before resetting your Android
- Make sure that your Redmi Note 8T is charged at least 50% so that your phone doesn’t run out of power during the resetting process.
- After doing a factory reset, all your internal and external data will be deleted so it would be a good idea to backup all your important files.
- Once the hard reset is done, the device will ask to enter the Google account and password that was previously linked with the device. Therefore, you must know the google email and the password.
Factory reset Redmi Note 8T from Settings
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap Additional settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Reset phone.
- Your Redmi Note 8T will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Redmi Note 8T
- Log into https://www.google.com/android/find with your Google Account ID and password.
- Select the Redmi Note 8T from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase Device option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Redmi Note 8T.
Hard reset Redmi Note 8T
- Shut down your Redmi Note 8T completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Xiaomi logo.
- Then you will see the Mi recovery menu.
- Scroll to Wipe data by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- Scroll to Wipe All Data by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- The phone will now wipe all contents.
The Redmi Note 8T comes with an impressive camera and beautiful display design. The processor is well enough for the operation task. Lastly a good battery and wide arrayed connectivity sets the perfect motion inside.
If you run into a serious problem, especially one involving hardware, the best solution is probably to contact the manufacturer or retailer support for your phone. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to talk to us in the comments. Look forward to other articles such as bypass factory reset protection on Redmi Note 8T which will be coming soon.